Are you looking for guidance, inspiration or motivation to keep your entrepreneurial goals moving forward? Look no further, the following are books are just what you’ve been looking for. These 10 reads are divided into three different categories which are recommended by the Business, Science and Technology Specialists at the Dallas Public Library for women who are interested in starting a small business, or already find themselves in the thick launching a business.
These materials, and many more, are available for check out. Request the book online with your Dallas Public Library Card, and have the book sent to your preferred library branch location.
Inspirational Reads from Trailblazers
1. Geek Girl Rising: Inside the Sisterhood Shaking up Tech
Geek Girl introduces us to women who have started cutting-edge tech startups and created ripples throughout Silicon Valley.
2. Peace through Entrepreneurship: Investing in a Startup Culture for Security and Development
While not necessarily focusing exclusively on females, the authors argue that entrepreneurship is the long-term solution to international unrest, poverty and frustration and should be at the forefront of foreign policy initiatives.
3. Clay Water Brick: Finding Inspiration from Entrepreneurs Who do the Most with the Least
Be inspired by female small business owners across the world who, through their businesses, build better lives for themselves and their communities.
4. Entrepreneurial Women: Stories of Women Who Dared to Succeed
Learn from the careers of successful women who turned their ideas into multimillion dollar businesses.
Getting Engaged and Maintaining Focus
1. Out Front: How Women Can Become Engaging, Memorable and Fearless Speakers
Learn how to present yourself with confidence and communicate your message clearly in order to engage your target audience.
2. Worth it: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms
Understand the relationship between women, money and self-worth to create financial security.
3. Killing it! An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping your Head without Losing your Heart
Prepare yourself for the demanding journey through entrepreneurship to maintain your well-being and a successful business.
Starting, Running and Maintaining a Business Reads
1. Boss of You: Everything a Woman Needs to Know to Start, Run and Maintain her Own Business
Walk through the steps of turning your creative hobby into your own business.
2. The Conquer Kit: A Creative Business Planner for Women Entrepreneurs
Develop a business plan in 8 steps including estimated times to finish to complete processes.
3. From Passion to Execution: How to Start and Grow an Effective Nonprofit Organization
Follow this how-to for practical insight to transform your passion into a successful nonprofit organization.