This workshop is ideal for people new to business.
The objective of the class is to help business novices become better potential clients for Dallas B.R.A.I.N. partners. Clients need a grounding in business foundations and knowledge of the ecosystem, in order to have a more constructive conversation with Dallas B.R.A.I.N. resource partners such as counselors, mentors, training and funding organizations. This set of workshops will give clients guidance and homework to complete before they visit Dallas B.R.A.I.N. resource partners.
After completing the workshop series clients should be able to:
1. Be able to prove their concept as a sustainable ‘long-term’ business model.
2. List their assets and biggest needs to address before starting a business.
3. Have a clear understanding of their industry and market potential.
4. Appreciate the importance of business planning. Develop a ‘Lean’ Business Model.
5. Understand their ideal client and how exactly to reach them.
6. Understand the major categories of partners and service providers available to help them start their business (Dallas B.R.A.I.N. partners and professional service providers.)
Format: Facilitated discussion, presentation, worksheet handouts, peer learning and sharing.
Workshop 2: Intro to Market Research